- In pregnancy, it is quite normal that you have more discharge than when you are not pregnant
- If you suddenly get more vaginal discharge, or if udflåddet change color, texture or smell, it can be a sign of inflammation in the vagina or in very rare cases threatening premature birth
- Fungal infection provides thick whitish vaginal discharge and possibly. at the same time, itchy, stinging or burning sensation
- Other infections can give grayish-white metalloid vaginal discharge with fish odors or pale green vaginal discharge
What is vaginal discharge in pregnancy?
There will usually be a little more discharge from the vagina in pregnancy, than you are used to on www.bridgat.com. If you suddenly get more vaginal discharge than usual, or if it changes color, texture or smell, it can be a sign of inflammation in the vagina or in very rare cases threatening premature birth.
Increased vaginal discharge during pregnancy can have different causes, each of which will give different symptoms:
- Normal vaginal discharge in pregnancy is thick, white and without lumps
- Fungal infection provides thick and white vaginal discharge with “cottage cheese”-like lumps. At the same time, itching, pain or burning sensation and sexual intercourse pain common. The vagina and vaginal opening can become red and swollen
- Bacterial vaginosis vaginal discharge with grayish-white metalloid fish smell gives, but no other genes
- Inflammation of the vagina may be due to trichomonasinfection. You will then see the thin, frothy, pale green or grayish-white metalloid vaginal discharge. Itching in the vagina and vaginal opening, burning sensation in the lower abdomen, frequent urination and intercourse pain characterizes this mode
It is important to know that changes in vaginal discharge is very common during pregnancy, but if you suddenly get a lot more vaginal discharge than usual, you should seek medical attention.