Electrotherapy aesthetics consists in the use of devices that use stimuli low-intensity electric to improve circulation, metabolism, nutrition, and oxygenation of the skin, promoting the production of collagen and elastin, promoting the balance maintenance of the skin.
This type of aesthetic treatment can be used on the body or face, after observing the areas and identify needs, such as the removal of dark spots on skin, acne scars or other surgery, eliminate wrinkles, or expression lines, fight sagging skin, cellulite, stretch marks or fat, for example. The therapist most suited to the use of these devices is the physical therapist specialist in dermatofuncional.
Major appliances electrotherapy for the face
1. Pulsed light
It is a type of device similar to a laser, which emits beams of light, which act directly on the melanocytes, making the skin clearer and with a uniform color.
- What it is:To unify the tone of the skin, completely removing the dark spots of the skin. Learn how it is done, risks and when not to do this treatment.
- Contraindications:In case of taking Roacutan, and in the case of use of corticosteroids or anticoagulants in the past 3 months remedies fotossensibilizantes, when the skin is tanned, skin sores, signs of infection or cancer.
2. Radio frequency
It is a device that glides over the skin smoothly and that promotes the formation of new cells of collagen, elastin, and produces new fibroblasts, which make the skin more firm and without wrinkles or expression lines.
- What it is: To combat wrinkles and expression lines, leaving the skin more firm and silky. Learn all about the radio frequency.
- Contraindications: In case of fever, pregnancy, cancer, keloid, metal prosthesis in the region, pacemaker, hypertension, and alteration of sensitivity in the location.
3. Galvanic current
It is a current type continuous which has 2 electrodes that must be in contact with the skin at the same time to the substance that was placed directly on the skin can penetrate deeper, in addition, this unit promotes vasodilation, increases the temperature and decreases the pain. The galvanopuntura serves to reduce the dark circles, expression lines and promote a revitalising facial using a pen specific that emits an electric current is small and bearable, which stimulates the regeneration of the skin by encouraging the formation of collagen, elastin and fibroblasts.
- For serving:To penetrate in the skin products with urea, collagen, elastin, and vitamin C, for example. It is a supplement that is very effective to combat dark circles and wrinkles around the eyes and mouth.
- Contraindications: people with heart pacemaker, cancer, change the sensitivity of the site, epilepsy, in the elevated levels of glucocorticoids.
Consists in the application of injections of carbon dioxide gas on the skin, being that the gas improves oxygenation of the tissues and combat sagging by promoting the formation of new cells which give firmness to the skin.
- What it is: to Combat wrinkles, expression lines and dark circles. Learn all about the procedure for under-eye circles.
- Contraindications: people with skin allergy, obesity, pregnancy, herpes, and heart or lung disease.
Major appliances electrotherapy to the body
The lipocavitação is a type of ultrasound that acts on the cells that store fat, leading to its rupture and consequent fall of the triglycerides in the bloodstream. For its complete elimination it is necessary to practice the physical exercise of high intensity for up to 4 hours after you or do a session of lymphatic drainage.
- What it is:Eliminate localized fat and cellulite on any area of the body, with excellent results, provided an adequate diet during the treatment.
- Contraindications:During pregnancy, changes in sensitivity, phlebitis, inflammation or infection at the site, fever, epilepsy, IUD. Learn all about the lipocavitação.
Consists in the use of electrical currents to specific that act directly at the level of the adipocytes and of the lipids accumulated, and also increases local blood flow, the cellular metabolism and the burning of fats. Despite being very effective, best results are seen if you also exercise and a hypocaloric diet.
- What it is: combat localized fat and cellulite on any area of the body.
- Contraindications:pregnancy, cancer, heart pacemaker, osteoporosis, epilepsy, takes medication with corticoids, progesterone and/or beta-blockers. Check out the results and more details of this technique that eliminates fat and cellulite.
3. Current Russian
3. Corrente russa
It is a type of electrical stimulation where they are placed, at least 2 electrodes in the muscle, in order to promote its contraction. It is mainly indicated for people who are unable to move the muscles in the proper way, but it can also be done for aesthetic purposes to improve each of the muscle contraction performed during the treatment.
- What it is: to Strengthen the muscles and recruit more muscle fibers during a contraction normal. Can be used in the buttocks, thighs and abdomen, for example.
- Contraindications:Use of a pacemaker, epilepsy, mental illness, pregnancy, cancer, muscle injury location, the presence of varicose veins in the region, hypertension difficult to control. Learn how it works, the results and how it works to lose belly.
It consists in a treatment where if you use a specific equipment that freezes body fat in a certain area of the body, then the fat cells die and are naturally eliminated from the body, after a session of lymphatic drainage or pressotherapy.
- What it is: Eliminate localized fat, being especially indicated for the regions where they form any fold of fat such as the abdomen or thighs.
- Contraindications: In case of excess of weight, obesity, hernia at the site to be treated, and problems in relation to the cold as hives or crioglobulinemia. Learn the risks, if it hurts, and the results of the criolipólise.